Saturday, August 11, 2012

What the Yuck?

(True conversation with the husband)

Me: I think I'm going to write about thimples.

Husband: Thimples?

Me: You know, pimples on your thighs. I've been getting them since I've been running more. It's obnoxious-- you run 30+ miles a week and you hope you'll look awesome in a swimsuit, and then you've got these nasty pus bumps all over your legs, and it's highlighted by the pasty whiteness of your upper thighs from your running shorts.

Husband: That's disgusting. Who wants to read about that?

Me: I've read plenty of blogs about bacne, athlete's foot, and toe nails falling off. No one has explored thimples, though.

Husband: So what happens when you find out you're the only one that gets them?

(Crickets)

Me: Uhhhh....

No comments:

Post a Comment