Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sparse.

My running lately has been about as consistent lately as my writing. Today, I convinced myself to go out for a run. Put on the clothes, told the toddler, geared up the stroller, and headed out the door. I had my NPR podcast fresh and ready, and I was looking forward to getting in a run.

Then, it/I sucked (wind).

I want to blame it a little on the weather. I was wearing shorts and a short sleeve tech t, and I was HOT. It felt humid, sticky, and I did not try at all to avoid running through the sprinkler overlapping the sidewalk (much to the ten month old's dismay). I was a bit dehydrated, and due to my inconsistent running, my 5k was eagerly interrupted by my full compliance to the toddler's request to stop at the park that is 3/4 of a mile from our home.

I needed the break.

I could also blame it on the double stroller. My poor shape. My children's poor sleep patterns the past couple of weeks (can you call it "sleep patterns" if they aren't sleeping?).

But I think what's really to blame is the tiny human wreaking havoc on my insides, even though he/she is about the size of a sesame seed.

Hence the dehydration-- and probably the insufficient calories to sustain anything resembling a tempo run.

Oy. Here's to hoping I only have to push through a month or so of this.

2 comments:

  1. Are you pregnant?!! Yay! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo! How far along are you in weeks? Go sesame seed future running baby! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete