Friday, October 19, 2012

Fist pumps and air guitars.

Do you ever have those days where you're so emotionally shot, so drained, so deep into the pits of un-caring that you throw caution to the wind and just do something crazy?

For me, that comes in the form of buying music and abandoning any stress or thoughts of sticking to a strict budget.

After loading my ipod up with all of the angsty, angry girl songs I could find from Glee's repertoire, I loaded the kids up in a particularly blustery Midwestern evening, and pounded out a 5k.

Extra calories burned for lip syncing and some pretty sweet dance moves.

My father who spent much of our adolescence attempting to embarrass us by dancing in parking lots would be so proud.

If run-dancing becomes an Olympic sport, I'll see you on the podium.

No comments:

Post a Comment