Thursday, July 12, 2012

There she goes.

Lately, it seems there have been a lot of "parties" amongst my group of friends. Individuals send out cute invitations to gatherings focused on various products designed to make your life awesome. Through some confusion amongst said group of friends, I received a phone call.

"Hey, Katie. I heard you were selling <insert product here>, and I totally want you to come over and do a party at my house! When can you do it?"

I laughed. The product she was asking about was something I'd never heard of before and knew nothing about. As tactfully as I could, I explained that there had been some misunderstanding, to which she responded with:

"Oh. Well, you'd be really good at it. I heard <So and So> was going to start selling it, but when I heard your name, I thought, I want her!"

Flattery will get you everywhere.

After the phone was hung up, however, I started to think. We're certainly not wealthy. The husband is working at a women's shelter making very little, and I'm staying home with two kids. The plans are to have even more kids as they come, and the husband will be starting graduate school. Perhaps I should consider getting on board with one of these life awesomers to make some extra money.

Truth is, though-- I don't have the passion for anything but* being healthy.

So instead, I'm starting this blog.

Hopefully my life awesomer can inspire your life awesomer.

*This excludes my freakishly adorable kids and my too hot to handle husband... because blogging about them would be boring to everyone else. This is me being optimistic that this blog will be different/not boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment